Saturday, November 5, 2022

Not One and Not Two


Nathan at work at Pearl Harbor Gift Shop, Kensington Market, Toronto


Back in May, I posted a meditation that ended with the assertion, "There is trinity around us, and trinity within us." I chose this week to inscribe a symbol of that on my body.

Two weeks ago I shared here the image of a Celtic interlace phallus. I first encountered it on the wonderful blog, now long discontinued, of a visionary who went by the name of Corvus some ten or twelve years ago. On that site he offered beautiful, rich directions for men's communal sex magick rituals. (Corvus, wherever you are today, Blessed Be.)


In its very structure, that cock-knot is a meditation on what it means to find trinity within. It's made of two intertwining endless loops, each self-contained and yet wound around and into and out of one another to manifest a third thing. Each complete in itself, and neither complete in itself. What's more, each depending on the Third that is the background on which they're inscribed--whether on stone, or on skin.


The first loop is Phallus, the second loop is Phallus, and the surface on which they rest is Phallus. And yet these three are one Phallus.


When we dive deeply into our innate erotic capacity, we're never truly alone. The relationality that's wired into who we are  at the core of our being is always with us, even in the most private act of self-love and self-pleasure.  I am the perceiver, but I am also the perceived. I am the lover, but I am also the beloved. I am immersed in my own consciousness, but my consciousness is built on all the interactions I've had with the world and others in the world, from the moment I took my first breath. And in the interaction between the one and the other, there is always a Third.


This is why the experience of solosexual bliss can become a meditative gateway into the Mystery of our lives. When men fully embrace this truth, masturbation isn't devalued as a substitute for "real" sexual expression. And sex with our partners is an extension and a sharing of the riches we contain within.




No comments:

Post a Comment