Saturday, February 2, 2019

The Naked Art

Fluffy is a regular member of an all-nude men's life drawing group in New York City. Sincere thanks to him for kindly sharing a little of his work here.


Asked for an artist's statement, he offers the following.

What words would I attach? Hm-m-m. 

1) That these drawings have no reason to exist other than my own mental explorations of the process of drawing and desire for socialization. 






2) That part of my brain still exists which wants recognition but another part rejects those considerations. 
     a) I don't need the money.
     b) I don't enjoy excess attention.














3) I don't feel like I've done any that "help." 
     a) I use cheap materials.
     b) I am aware of the waste of time/effort/money spent ENTIRELY for my own benefit/pleasure.
     c) Everything ends up in the trash someday.

(Much of the time, I am consciously trying to suppress a fussy, finicky, concerned with correctness part of my brain. I have a big bag of loose, dollar store crayons and will just scoop up several and THOSE are the one's I "have to use." I also have made a big, multi-colored crayon block from my crayon scraps and will use that on occasion. 



And magic markers...which are sort of "unforgiving.")





4) Nothing that I've written above is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment